September 27, 2015

Autobiography



Hi. My name is Jorge A. Ortiz Rodriguez, but most people call me George. I'm 22 years old and I'm currently on my fifth year of college at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. My major is in Audiovisual Communication, concentrated on filmmaking. This is where my mind, heart, and soul is. Honestly, I don't see myself doing anything else rather than working on the set of a production or being involved in a way with this medium. 

I was born in Rio Piedras, P.R. on January 11th, 1993. Since I can remember I have always been interested in this industry. Movies have forever been an amazement to me, the characters and how their stories are portrayed fascinate me and thus have inspired me to become an actor and filmmaker. 

When I was 15 years old I got the opportunity to work as an extra on the set of a North American film called, The Rum Diary, staring Johnny Deep. This production confirmed to me that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Being there, made me fall in love even more with this "movie magic stuff." I consider myself lucky because this has officially become my job up to this day. And ever since that production I have been called to work on foreign and local movie productions here on the Island - working as extra, featured extra, stunts, stand in and photo double for actors as Steve Zahn, David Spade, and Ross Lynch. I also work amaeteurly and professionally as a portrait and event photographer.

Set of NBC TV Series, Crossbones
Set of Amazon Prime Web Series, Mad Dogs









I currently live at the municipality of Caguas, P.R. but I don't spent to much time there. Everywhere is where I mostly am. So, I consider myself as an outdoorsy person. I love to travel to new places, and explore my surroundings; adventuring with my friends, the new people I get to meet thanks to social media - sometimes - or by myself. There is something so rewarding about finding cool places to be and while being there, connecting with those around you and with yourself. I guess this is why my personal style as a artist is very influenced by travel and storytelling. Beautiful landscapes and natural light can constantly be witnessed in my work. Also, fantasy, science fiction, and imagination. 

As you can see, I'm a very self motivated guy with an unending love for family, including my dog, Lucca - he is also family - art, and travel. I like to believe in the goodness of people, and every morning I like to wake up in complete silence to a cup of coffee in order to start my day with a positive attitude. Yes, I am a coffee addict.

My aspirations are to eventually move to Los Angeles, California, in order to continue studying and furthering my career as a professional actor and filmmaker.

8 comments:

  1. George, after seeing your blog post, I want to travel now with you, man. So, someday you will have to show us (The Freelancers) how to view those beautiful landscapes and explain how that natural light has influenced your work oh so very much. Have a nice night and thanks for influencing me to travel, God knows how much my sister has tried and you've succeeded in a short Blogger post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are more than welcome to join me in my adventures. I actually like when people tag along, and they get a glimpse of Puerto Rico from different vantage points. Yeah, I strongly recommend you or anyone to travel, even if its local. Its a beautiful way of connecting with yourself.

      Delete
  2. Travel is something that every one should do whenever the opportunity arises, and traveling and taking beautiful pictures should be the goal for everyone and you manage to do just that. The way you managed to make your passion a profession is something not everyone can do, so congrats! Hope you have great success in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Photography is a great way, if not the best, for making us travel back to certain memories. Thats why I like to travel always with my camera, its my buddy.

      Delete
  3. After reading this post I would like to travel around the world and appreciate nature even more. I hope you continue your good work and always follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature can make you get to know yourself even better. It something everyone should do. Go travel and enjoy the outdoors.

      Delete
  4. Man all you propose in your life, you'll be able to achieve. Your passion and motivation for what you do, it will give you to the success. When you will be famous I hope you don't forget The Freelancers Group. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you so much Jim! Really appreciate it. I wish everyone could live their true passion. Its so satisfying and rewarding.

      Delete